Manufacturer: W A Sport
Sponsor: Arena Akxe (Brazilian football school)
Size: Medium (UK)
Additional kit information:
- Large graphic of the iconic Cuban revolutionary, Che Guevara on the front.
- On the back of the collar are the dates 1963-2013 signifying the 50 years anniversary since the club was founded.
- The number 50 is located on the reverse of the shirt, paying homage the anniversary.
- Between the collar and the number 50, there is a small graphic of Che Guevara and the dates 1963 & 2013 either side. Below the graphic is the famous saying from Che; "¡Hasta la Victoria Siempre!" ("Until Victory, Always!").
- The Brazilian and Cuban flags are side by side in the right sleeve.
This shirt has the honour of being the only goalkeeper shirt in my entire collection. I don't really have any interest in goalkeeper shirts but in this instance I allowed an exception. This shirt design certainly put the club on the map. Regardless of your views on Che Guevara, his presence on the shirt certainly makes it a unique and special piece that instantly became a must have for any football shirt collector.